Monday, September 15, 2008

Gettin' Dirty.....

We had some serious rain here lately in the Front Range, so, I had to choose my riding carefully to protect the trails. I chose Marshal Mesa which gave me some good miles on a wide trail which allowed for trail friendly line selection. Despite all this I still came home a muddy mess! it was awesome!

The ride felt great. The tires held some mud on long climbs which was to be expected. I will need to get a better pair of mud tires for future use.

I also need to dial some things in yet. I moved the seat back as far as I could and still felt a little cramped. I may need to get a more laid back seatpost...we'll see. I also need to adjust my cleat positioning too. This was the second ride on my crank bros candy pedals so I am gonna give it a few more miles and rides before I mess with that setup.

All in all, I love the fully rigid SS 29er!!! I don't miss the gears at all and its a relief to not have to think about shifting. The larger wheels are working well to soak up the small stuff and the steel rigid fork is surprisingly compliant.

Stay tuned....

Other than that we took the little guy downtown for a picnic on the Platte River (by REI). He loved hanging out outdoors on the grass by the water. He's getting big already (almost 6 weeks) and is starting to follow me and mimic smiling...good times.

No comments: