In typical TJ fashion I am hitting the gym waaaay too hard. I have been strength training for almost 3 weeks now but yesterday I added a new routine to the rotation. Essentially its a cable pull (from ground cable) and I (one arm at a time) pull back on the cable and lift the weights. The idea is to simulate the pulling of a handlebar. Hopefully this will help to strengthen the necessary muscles to prevent fatigue in the 24 hours of OP in my upper back and shoulder areas. I need to focus on this especially because I will be riding the rigid. As usual I started with too much weight and I must have been tensing my neck and upper back to complete the exercise. I was eating cereal this morning and I looked down at my bowl, when I looked back up at the tv my upper back/lower neck locked up and is really sore, now.
Gonna take it easy today in the weight room. maybe a jog outside now that the wifey got a new battery for my running watch.
Good news!! I got and installed the new band on the Kreitler Rollers. I now need to go over the road/tri bike and tune it up. Then, I should be able to get some spinning in at night if necessary.
peace...
1 comment:
You need to ease back the weights. Take off the extra 2.5 lb plate and just stick to the single 5 pound plate. You may want to consider curling milk jugs.
Post a Comment