Monday, June 30, 2008

strip down and more commuting...

According to the FedEx tracking website the new frame should be here tomorrow (tuesday). I stripped the weyless down on Sunday. I am gonna build up the new SS with my RaceFace Evolve XC cranset (32t ring only). I noticed damage to some seals in the bottom brack, so, I am gonna have to take a closer look and see what I need to do to fix that potential issue. I am using my Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes, my Easton Monkeylite riser handlebars, a generic stem, Cane Creek S1 headset, and a generic post and seat for now.

The obvious issues are that I need wheels and tires, cog(s), spacers if necessary, and I would like to put on a bash guard to protect the only chainring. Also, I may get a SS specific chain or break down the 9spd...not sure yet. I will post pics once the frame is in and thorughout the build process.

Its a good thing I am doing this because it shows me how important it is to break down the bike and give it a thourough cleaning. There was a little gunk in the BB area among others that could have resulted in some issues down the road.

On the riding note, I commuted in this morning from my house. I will most likely change around and ride home a short ways too, from a park n ride probably.

peace.

No comments: