Well, I rode in again directly from my house. I like the early climb b/c it really wakes me up. The legs felt super snappy and I rode hard. I caught up with 3, not riding together, rodies this morning on the Platte River trail on the way downtown. They tried to pull away by hammering down on their skinny little tires but I kept the consistent hard pace (ok, i turned it up a little as I saw the challenge) and caught up to them. I passed them on my hybrid tire mtb, rear rack, two panniers and a strpped on top gym bag. Little did they know that at this point I already put in 18-20 miles. So, it was a good day.
On another note my new frame came last night. I was super excited and it was super sexy...except for the paint chip in the downtube and a small indentation on the rim of the hollow circle where the ehadset goes into. There is no frame integrity issues, but, I am a little pissed. I e-mail the company to see what they suggest I do. I don't think paying for a new frame and actually getting it in brand new condition is too much to ask for. I know I will pound on it, but, its not the point. Its probably Fedex's fault, but, we'll see what happens. I would settle for them not charging me for the fork ($30) and a tube of matching paint repair. Afterall, the cost to ship it back and have them send me a new one covers the fork anyway. we'll see. The green does look sweet though.
No comments:
Post a Comment