I rode in again today. Changed the Ipod a little. Tony Bennett collaboration and the best of Tom Petty and the Hrtbrkrs. I know, a little strange for riding music but it was a good change of pace for early morning riding. I saw some crazy lightning streaks hitting the ground as I saddled up, but, about 2 minutes into the ride I could see the storm break up really fast and I never got a drop or was in any danger. Obviously I would have dismounted for shelter if it got sketchy, but, it dispelled crazy fast...it was kinda cool. The danger when riding up in the high country is that the storms collaborate that fast too.
I have not been eating anything before I take off in the morning. The only calories are just a few from some caffienated suntea that jenna makes. I am hoping that this will allow my body to be trained to burn fat as energy. I am not hammering down because I read that my body might look to dissolve muscle for fuel, so, a solid pace should net me some loss in lbs. It really hasn't been a problem at all. I am hungry once I am here but no major bonking.
I want to give a big shout out to all of the homeless guys who come into the gym early in the morning and shower when I do just to use the showers like me....way to keep it clean!! That's what I get for joining the city gym (hey, only $6 a month after company reimbursement!)
Spencer (choc lab) goes under the knife next wednesday. I'll post some recovery pics. $2700 estimate and after that he needs the same surgery done on another leg. Damn!! that's a sweet mtb out the window!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment