Friday, May 9, 2008

start...

Well, yesterday was the start of the training. I rode home from work taking the old route I did last year. I rode hard for the first half and then hit a spot of about 5-7 miles that I felt like I had nothing left, then I felt fine on the final climbs back up to the park-n-ride where my truck was. The rain held off but the wind was ridiculous. It was blowing hard from the west and was right in my face for a lot of the ride which made the commute much more difficult.

I'm looking forward to just riding in consistently because when I ride home I don't get to my house until 7ish and then its not too long until the wifey gets tired and hits the bed. Def need to drop some lbs though. I am pondering taking the bus in and bringing my clothes in on those days and commuting without all of the extra racks and crap....we'll see.

Brought the gym bag today and I am gonna try and go for a run this afternoon from the city down to the platte river and run on the paved trail a little. Even if I take breaks from running a good walk will do my legs good anyway.

No mtb races lined up yet. This could be a dull year for racing with the baby coming, but, another year of spinning the legs will do me good for next year's races anyway. I am thinking of hitting 24 in the O.P. again to redeem myself from the lackluster performance of this past year. We'll see if "Sally" and "Leggs" are up for it.

peace.

No comments: