I commuted via bike today (approx. 22 miles) for the first time this year traveling into work. It was great. Weather started at 50 degrees but quickly worked up to mid to high 50s for perfect riding weather. I drove a very short way to the Church Ranch Rd park n ride so I can take the bus home. I was able to catch a path from there and after a short stint through a few low traffic neighborhoods I was on the Clear Creek path heading east and took the Platter River path south to downtown Denver. The gym doesn't open until 7am on Tuesday and Thursday (6:30am mwf) so I did a little work in the office and then went and showered.
I packed a pp&j, iced tea, and water for the commute but only drank the water and tea and ate the pp&j after I was showered. In the future hunger will probably get the better of me and I will eat on the bike. But, I am trying not to eat anything the first hour into the ride, hopefully, that will help me drop some lbs.
I need to remember to bring my ipod and clear shades with me when I leave my gym bag at work. Too many bugs along the river that got in my eyes and going forward a little morning tunes on the trail won't hurt.
Also, note to self...remember to pack underwear!!!!! free ballin' today!
peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment