The "last supper"...
The key ingredient in my success as any type of athlete starts with the elimination of ice-cream!! So, consider this the last ice-cream for a while. Yes, a LARGE OREO McFLURRY!!! No more in 2008!!!
The motivation...
Especially in the winter months everyone needs motivation. For me, nothing keeps me on track that plunking down some $$$ for a big race. That's why it will be great to start '08 by racing in the 24 hrs of O.P. with my boys J.W. and Big D (forth teammate yet to be determined). This should be the deciding factor for getting on the trainer when I just want to relax and veg out (which is all too often).
Starting point...and a challenge???
Well...here it is...no hiding from it. My 5' 8" frame has definitely "bulked" up for the winter. This has been a yearly occurance since about 24 yrs old and it gets worse each year. I am not the heaviest I have ever been, but, still nothing to be proud of. Hopefully my soon to be 28 year old metabolism can melt this away. On top of the embarassment I bet my wife (who has always seen potential behind the fat) that I could drop 10 pounds before the race in the O.P. Thats oficially 47 days away. I rode the trainer for an hour today and shopped for only healthy veggies and fish over the weekend. With portion control and consistent miles I should be able to waste it away if I am committed...time will tell.
1 comment:
Congrats on your pending fatherhood! That is fantastic news. I remember when I was last 160. I was 25 years old and the father of two. Each week I would weigh myself and see another pound on the scale. Oh well I would say, I'll just workout extra hard this week.. the the next week would come and go.
Wait until the baby arrives. You will be hanging out with me in the Large & Fit section of Mountain Bike Action. Large & Fit baby. Get use to saying it.
Post a Comment